North Hanover Township is a Township Committee form of
government. There are five Committee members, with each holding a
three-year term. The members are elected at large. At the annual
reorganization meeting held January 1st at 12:00 noon, the Committee
appoints a mayor, whose term is one year.
School elections are held on the third Tuesday in April.
Primary elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in June.
General elections are held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
PERSONS ENTITLED TO REGISTER
• A Person must be a citizen of the United States.
• A Person must be eighteen years of age or older at the time of the next ensuing election.
• A Person must have resided in the State and County at least thirty (30) days prior to the next election.
• New registrations must be postmarked at least 29 days prior to an election.
• If someone wishes to change their party affiliation for purposes of voting in the primary election, they must do so 50 days prior to the primary election.
• If a person is "undeclared," they may vote in the primary election by stating what party they wish to vote for at the polls on primary election day.
• A person who has declared a party cannot change their party affiliation on the day of the primary.
• Party affiliation is not required for the school election or general election.